Circuit Switchers – Vertical (CSV, CSV-CB-DB)
Southern States disconnect switches can be integrated with the CSV on a common structure or platform. Most common designs include an integral double sidebreak “Vee” switch (model CSV-DB) or an integral center break “Vee” switch (model CSV-CB). These switches can be specified by the customer to be either manually operated or motor operated.
- Compared to dead tank circuit breakers, circuit switchers have a significantly smaller footprint and utilize significantly less SF6
- Simple, easy erection minimizes field installation time required.
- Structure baseplate can have its hole locations and hole sizes varied when required to fit existing foundation locations and anchor bolt sizes.
- Gas density switch with low pressure alarm and low pressure lockout contacts allow remote gas monitoring.
- Local visual indication of gas system by an SF6 pressure gauge.
- Ships with minimal gas pressure for safety during transportation and in handling during installation.
- Adaptable to a wide variety of installation height requirements and foundation requirements.
- 4 hole NEMA terminal pads are readily reversible to fit specific installation requirements.
- Each unit is completely assembled and tested at the factory with only the disassembly required to meet shipment restrictions being performed
|Maximum kV Rating||27||38||38||48.3||72.5||38||48.3||72.5|
|Continuous Current||1200 A & 1600 A||1200 A||1200 A, 1600 A, 2000 A, 2500 A|
|Primary Fault Interrupting||25 kA||25 kA (31 kA*)||40 kA|
|Secondary Thru-Fault Interrupting||4 kA||4 kA||4 kA|
|Interrupting Time||3 cycles||5 cycles||3 cycles|
|Power Frequency||50/60 Hz||60 Hz||60 Hz|
|Short-Time Withstand||25 kA (3 sec)||40 kA (3 sec)||40 kA (3 sec)|
|Peak Withstand||62.5 kA||104 kA||104 kA|
|Short-Circuit Making||25 kA||40 kA||40 kA|
|Ambient Temperature Range||-40º C to +50º C||-40º C to +50º C|
(-50º C to +50º C optional)**
|-30º C to +50º C|
Catalog Flyers & Bulletins
Specification Guides & Drawings
CSV Configuration Overview
CSV Product Specification Guide(Download Word Document)
CSV-CB / CSV-DB Product Specification Guide(Download Word Document)
Outline Drawing CSV 72.5kV 3 cycles 48″ Phase Spacing
Outline Drawing CSV 72.5kV 3 cycle 84″ Phase Spacing
Outline Drawing CSV 72.5kV 5 cycle
Outline Drawing CSV 123kV – 145kV 3 cycle 84″ Phase Spacing
Outline Drawing CSV 123kV – 145kV 3 cycle 96-120″ Phase Spacing
Outline Drawing CSV 170kV 3 Cycle 84″ Phase Spacing
Outline Drawing CSV 170kV 3 cycle 96-120″ Phase Spacing
Outline Drawing CSV 245kV 6 Cycle
Article – Transformer Switching & Protection Considerations
CSV Product Application Guide Minimum Control Wire Size
Finepoint Circuit Breaker Test & Maintenance Conference 2008 – Local, Series- Connected Interupters Enhance System Reliability
Southern States Vertical Interrupter Circuit Switchers – Versatility Ratings Performance
Standard and Optional Features for 15.5kV-72.5kV 3 cycle CSV
Standard and Optional Features for 15.5kV-72.5kV 5 cycle CSV
Standard features & available optional features for 245kV CSV with 6 cycle spring operating mechanism