Circuit Switchers – Vertical (CSV, CSV-CB-DB)
Southern States CSV (“candlestick”) circuit switcher, with vertical interrupters, expands Southern States circuit switcher line to fit shrinking substation space requirements. The CSV brings circuit breaker capabilities into the circuit switcher market. The primary application for the CSV is the switching and protection of power transformers. Additional applications include switching and protection of shunt reactors, bus, and transmission lines.
Southern States disconnect switches can be integrated with the CSV on a common structure or platform. Most common designs include an integral double sidebreak “Vee” switch (model CSV-DB) or an integral center break “Vee” switch (model CSV-CB). These switches can be specified by the customer to be either manually operated or motor operated.
- Compared to dead tank circuit breakers, circuit switchers have a significantly smaller footprint and utilize significantly less SF6
- Simple, easy erection minimizes field installation time required.
- Structure baseplate can have its hole locations and hole sizes varied when required to fit existing foundation locations and anchor bolt sizes.
- Gas density switch with low pressure alarm and low pressure lockout contacts allow remote gas monitoring.
- Local visual indication of gas system by an SF6 pressure gauge.
- Ships with minimal gas pressure for safety during transportation and in handling during installation.
- Adaptable to a wide variety of installation height requirements and foundation requirements.
- 4 hole NEMA terminal pads are readily reversible to fit specific installation requirements.
- Each unit is completely assembled and tested at the factory with only the disassembly required to meet shipment restrictions being performed
|Maximum kV Rating||27||38||38||48.3||72.5||38||48.3||72.5|
|Continuous Current||1200 A & 1600 A||1200 A||1200 A, 1600 A, 2000 A, 2500 A|
|Primary Fault Interrupting||25 kA||25 kA (31 kA*)||40 kA|
|Secondary Thru-Fault Interrupting||4 kA||4 kA||4 kA|
|Interrupting Time||5 cycles||5 cycles||3 cycles|
|Power Frequency||50/60 Hz||60 Hz||60 Hz|
|Short-Time Withstand||25 kA (3 sec)||40 kA (3 sec)||40 kA (3 sec)|
|Peak Withstand||62.5 kA||104 kA||94 kA|
|Short-Circuit Making||25 kA||40 kA (3 sec)||40 kA|
|Ambient Temperature Range||-40º C to +50º C||-40º C to +50º C|
(-50º C to +50º C optional)**
|-30º C to +50º C|
Catalog Flyers & Bulletins
Specification Guides & Drawings
CSV Configuration Overview
CSV Product Specification Guide(Download Word Document) Outline Drawing CSV 123kV – 145kV 3 cycle 84″ Phase Spacing
Outline Drawing CSV 123kV – 145kV 3 cycle 96-120″ Phase Spacing
Outline Drawing CSV 170kV 3 Cycle 84″ Phase Spacing
Outline Drawing CSV 170kV 3 cycle 96-120″ Phase Spacing
Outline Drawing CSV 245kV 6 Cycle
Outline Drawing CSV 72.5kV 3 cycle 84″ Phase Spacing
Outline Drawing CSV 72.5kV 3 cycles 48″ Phase Spacing
Outline Drawing CSV 72.5kV 5 cycle
Transformer Switching & Protection Considerations
CSV Product Application Guide Minimum Control Wire Size
Finepoint Circuit Breaker Test & Maintenance Conference 2008 – Local, Series- Connected Interupters Enhance System Reliability
Southern States Vertical Interrupter Circuit Switchers – Versatility Ratings Performance
Standard and Optional Features for 15.5kV-72.5kV 3 cycle CSV
Standard and Optional Features for 15.5kV-72.5kV 5 cycle CSV
Standard features & available optional features for 245kV CSV with 6 cycle spring operating mechanism