Protection of small power transformers, PTs/SSTs, and capacitor banks
The robust construction of Southern States Type BP, BPA, and HPA power fuses provide 3 full fault operations before tube replacement is required, a significant savings in total life cost vs. other power fuses which require tube replacement after each fault regardless of fault magnitude.
Southern States power fuses and power fuse kits are available from 7.2kV through 169kV with ratings up to 400 E and interrupting ratings to 40 kA RMS Asymmetrical. Distribution Fuse links are also offered at 27kV and below.
- Extra Large Operating Eye
- High Strength, Fiberglass Tubes
- Reverse Loop, Amplitact® Contacts On Jaw & Hinge Ends
- Fully Enclosed Contacts
- Self-Locking Hinge Assembly
- Snubber To Cushion Impact When Holder Swings To Open Position After Fuse Operation
- Holder Removal Socket Accommodates Standard Or Bayonet Head Hookstick
|Style Mounting||Voltages Offered||Interrupting Capacity|
|BP||Vertical||8.25kV - 72.5kV||8 ka - 12 kA||100A and 200A|
|BPA||Vertical 45° Underhung|
|8.25kV - 72.5kV||8 kA - 20 kA||100A and 200A|
|8.25kV - 169kV||12.5 kA - 40 kA||100A, 200A, 300A, and 400A|