Customized Solutions For Improved Grid Resilience
Overall reliability is a critical focus for utilities across North America, creating the need for solutions and equipment that can support the grid during times of emergency or occasional planned outages. Taking proactive measures to address these potential vulnerabilities is, therefore, vital to ensure a resilient network that minimizes customer interruption frequency and duration.
Southern States, with over 100 years experience integrating high voltage switching equipment, has worked to address this initiative by designing mobile solutions that are specifically tailored to our customer’s unique applications, providing immediate cost savings and reliability to a utility’s network via expedited restoration times and operational flexibility.
Leveraging our partnership with various ISO certified transformer manufacturers, Southern States has the resources to design or retrofit mobile substations that can be outfitted with Southern States’ or your preferred switchgear brands. Available up to 230 kV and 65 MVA, our mobile products are manufactured with stringent specifications, ensuring the design is robust, durable, and to the utility’s expectations. For additional applications, Southern States also offers auxiliary mobile solutions to support reactive power compensation, switchgear failures, as well as other utility resiliency initiatives. These include capacitor trailers, circuit switcher trailers, breaker trailers, disconnect switch trailers, reactor trailers, recloser trailers, and voltage regulator trailers to name a few. Each can be equipped with a variety of custom features such as racking mechanisms, hydraulic systems, turn tables, fences, and much more.
- Mobile substations & application specific trailer configurations available
- Designs utilize 3D modeling software as well as finite element analysis to validate structural integrity
- All trailers are in compliance with DOT and various other regulatory standards
- Racking mechanisms, turn tables, hydraulics, grounding systems, fences, and other customer solutions available
- Relay protection controls and equipment available for remote operation and diagnosis
- 24/7 hotline for after-sales support
- ISO 9001:2015 certification scope includes the “design, sale, and service of mobile substation solutions.”
|Standard Solution Type||Rating|
|Mobile Substation (Transformer)||up to 230 kV / 65 MVA|
|Capacitor Bank Trailers||up to 230 kV (Fused or Fuseless)|
|Circuit Switcher Trailers||up to 230 kV|
|Live or Dead Tank Breaker Trailers||up to 230 kV (Sync close or pre-insertion resistors available)|
|Disconnect Switch Trailers (Vertical break, center break, and double end break)||up to 230 kV|
|Voltage Regulator Trailers||consult factory|
|Recloser Trailers||consult factory|