The most versatile and capable Horizontal Interrupter Circuit Switchers in the marketplace today (CSH, CHS-B).
The Southern States CSH and CSH-B horizontal interrupter circuit switchers are ideally suited for transformer protection on systems with fault currents up to 40 kA. All circuit making and breaking operations are accomplished in SF6, eliminating open air arcs. The horizontal interrupter circuit switcher is available with (Model CSH-B) or without (Model CSH) an integral vertical break switch.
The design of the CSH and CSH-B is extremely versatile as they can be mounted in most any orientation including horizontal upright and vertical. They can also be designed to mount on a Southern States supplied support structure or for mounting on a customer supplied or existing structure. The CSH-B is ideal for mobile applications and can be supplied with composite interrupters that allow for pressurized transport without special protective housing.
In addition to transformer protection, the CSH and CSH-B can be used for line dropping, loop splitting, or as a series capacitor/reactor bypass switch.
- Makes and breaks circuit in SF6 – No open air arcs
- Available with and without vertical break disconnect
- Visual dielectric indication
- Can be shipped pressurized when composite housing is specified or protective shields for porcelain housing are utilized
- Adaptable to a wide variety of mounting positions, structure heights, and phase spacings
- Ideally suited to upgrade fault interrupting capability of existing horizontal circuit switchers, disconnect switches, and power fuses, reusing the existing structure and foundation.
|Interrupter BIL (kV)||550 or 750|
|CSH-B Disconnect BIL (kV)||200||250||350||550||650||750|
|Continuous Current||1200 A & 1600 A for allkV ratings*|
|Primary Bus Fault Interrupting||20 kA for allkV ratings|
|Secondary Fault Interrupting||4 kA|
|Interrupting Time||5 cycles|
|Power Frequency||60 Hz|
|Short-Time Withstand||40 kA / 3 sec|
|Peak Withstand||108 kA|
|Short-Circuit Making||40 kA|
|Ambient Temperature Range||-40° C to +40° C standard|
* Consult factory for higher current ratings
Catalog Flyers & Bulletins
Control Wire Sizing Recommnedations for CSH & CSH-b
Finepoint Circuit Breaker Test & Maintenance Conference 2008 – Local, Series- Connected Interrupters Enhance System Reliability
A Circuit Switcher In Record Time
Circuit Switcher Upgrade Installation Using Existing Support Structure
Standard & Available Optional Features for CM-4AE Motor Operator