The most versatile and capable Horizontal Interrupter Circuit Switchers in the marketplace today.
The Southern States family of horizontal interrupter circuit switchers are ideally suited for transformer protection on systems with fault currents up to 40 kA. All circuit making and breaking operations are accomplished in SF6, eliminating open air arcs. The horizontal interrupter circuit switcher is available with (Model CSH-B) or without (Model CSH) an integral vertical break switch.
The designs of the CSH(2) and CSH(2)-B are extremely versatile, as they can be mounted in most any orientation including horizontal upright and vertical. They can also be designed to mount on a Southern States supplied support structure or for mounting on a customer supplied or existing structure. The CSH(2)-B is ideal for mobile applications and can be supplied with composite interrupters that allow for pressurized transport without special protective housing.
- Makes and breaks circuit in SF6 – No open air arcs
- Available with and without vertical break disconnect
- Visual dielectric indication
- Can be shipped pressurized when composite housing is specified or protective shields for porcelain housing are utilized
- Adaptable to a wide variety of mounting positions, structure heights, and phase spacings
- Ideally suited to upgrade fault interrupting capability of existing horizontal circuit switchers, disconnect switches, and power fuses, reusing the existing structure and foundation.
|BLADE BIL RATINGS (FOR CSH-B)|
|Max Voltage||38 kV||48.3 kV||72.5 kV||123 kV||145 kV||170 kV|
|Blade BIL||200 kV||250 kV||300 kV||550 kV||650 kV||750 kV|
|550 kV BIL INTERRUPTER RATINGS*|
|Temp Range||≤ 72.5 kV||123 kV||145 kV***|
|PBF 100s||-30° C to +50° C||20 kA|
|-40° C to +50° C||25 kA||20 kA|
|TLF**||-40° C to +50° C||4 kA||2.9 kA||3.4 kA|
|750 kV BIL INTERRUPTER RATINGS*|
|Temp Range||≤ 72.5 kV||123 kV||145 kV***||170 kV|
|PBF 100s||-40° C to +50° C||25 kA||20 kA|
|TLF**||-40° C to +50° C||4 kA||2.9 kA||2.3 kA||2.7 kA|
* Ratings shown are for 1200A. For 1600A, top temperature is +40°C.
** Ratings per IEEE C37.06 (Can also be rated TLF = 4 kA @ 7.6 kV/µs TRV)
*** 145 kV ratings are for grounded systems) (1.3kpp)
**** Consult factory for 2000A or -50°C rating
Catalog Flyers & Bulletins
Control Wire Sizing Recommnedations for CSH & CSH-b
Finepoint Circuit Breaker Test & Maintenance Conference 2008 – Local, Series- Connected Interrupters Enhance System Reliability
A Circuit Switcher In Record Time
Circuit Switcher Upgrade Installation Using Existing Support Structure
Standard & Available Optional Features for CM-4AE Motor Operator
Specification Guides & Drawings