Inside our doors beats the heart of a vibrant, thriving business that continues our long standing history of over 100 years. Our Main Office and headquarters, Mitchell Building, is only one of our four locations dedicated to the design and manufacturing of high voltage disconnect switches and SF6 products.
As a result of rapid growth throughout the past two decades, Southern States has expanded our operations to include three additional facilities. Our Power Switching Division’s recent additions include the McGarity Building, a 15,000 square foot climate controlled facility designed for manufacturing, as well as the Spencer Complex, home to the division’s sales, engineering, and assembly team. In 2012, the Service Building was also acquired to provide the space and resources needed for our Service Division to expand their operations into new markets and products.
Southern States Facilities
Located in Hampton, GA, the original structure was built in 1901. It doubled its size in 1903 and again in 1908, finally adding 25,000 square feet in 1953. Today, it’s the home to 160,000 square feet of manufacturing facility and warehouse, as well as 20,000 square feet of office space. It serves as the home to our Automation & Switch Division, sales and marketing teams, as well as manufacturing.
Located in Hampton, GA, the Thomas Wayne & Patricia Ann McGarity Building was dedicated in February of 2008. The 15,000 square foot climate controlled building was designed to provide a clean room for interrupter assembly, a ceiling height to house 500kV SF6 equipment, a high voltage testing area, a drive-through loading bay, as well as additional office space to accommodate the growth of the Power Switching Division.
Located between the cities of Hampton and Lovejoy, this building was acquired and opened its doors in January of 2012. The structure now houses the Service Division. Sitting on 18 acres, the 20,000+ square foot assembly area and 2,500 square feet of office space have allowed the Service Division to expand into new markets and products.
Spencer Complex Building
Located in Hampton, GA, this building was dedicated in January of 2015. It was named after Sash A. Spencer, a long-time friend and business associate. With 39,400 square feet of total space, it is the most recent addition to Southern States’ growing footprint in the electrical business. The Spencer Complex office area combines Division Management Sales and Application and Design Engineering in a collaborative work environment.