Job Type: Full-time
Responsible for providing technical support and troubleshooting related to computer systems, hardware, and/or software. Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of network servers, and virtualization. Respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement the most effective solution.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Assist end-users with Help Desk Support – identify, research, and resolve technical problems
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, data integrity, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Provide support via phone, remote desktop access, and desk-side support to internal customers.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help in a timely manner.
- Document/update processes as needed.
- Properly escalate unresolvable issues to the highest level of support needed.
- Follow up with internal customers to ensure issues have been resolved.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Participate in team meetings to enhance the quality and efficiency of HelpDesk support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of MS SQL cluster management, network administration, MS Active Directory management, and Windows Server administration.
- System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus.
- 3-5 years of working knowledge of virtualization (Hyper-V preferable), SCCM, MS O365, and Azure.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.