Job Type: Full-time
The Project Engineer I will work on an engineering team to maintain existing projects and design new projects. This position requires experience in electrical design, machine design, thermal dynamics, and structural analysis.
- Works on projects assigned or directed by more experienced Engineers.
- Design, draft and model using AutoCAD and Solidworks for existing and new projects.
- Build and test prototypes.
- Conduct research and create design proposals for projects.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and field installation under supervision of the Chief Engineer.
- Create concepts, performance, and production criteria.
- Produce firsthand drawings and specifications.
- Create parts lists.
- Make samples of working models for demonstration.
- Improve usability of new and existing projects.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience: 2 years of related work experience (would consider Southern States Co-Op experience).
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD/SolidWorks.
- Strong hands-on mechanical aptitude.
- Experience: 4 years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in an FEA computer program.