Job Type: Full-time
The Operations Manager directs and coordinates activities involved with the production of company products.
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Manages 6 subordinate managers/supervisors who supervise the employees in the Fabricating, Machine Shop, Final Assembly, Motor Mechanism and Fuse Products Assembly, Maintenance and Plating Departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities with materials management, maintenance, and quality control to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Consults with manufacturing engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Conducts hearings to resolve or effect settlement of grievances and refers unresolved grievances for management union negotiations.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Experience: 10+ years of experience managing the operations of a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, engineering drawings and procedure manuals.