Job Type: Full-time
- Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in industrial plant by performing the following duties
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Plans, designs and implements cellular and lean manufacturing technology to reduce production lead-times and work-in-process inventories.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Assists in developing part programs for CNC machine tools.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning / Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education & Experience – A four year college engineering or technology degree.
- Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Design software; Manufacturing software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.