A Revolutionary Solution for a Changing Industry
Southern States CapSwitcher® is the first high voltage capacitor switching device specifically designed to meet the power quality needs of today's electrical systems. This special purpose SF6 capacitor switch is available for application on single bank or back-to-back banks whether grounded or ungrounded. Its closing resistors provide transient suppression to minimize the detrimental effects of voltage transients on sensitive equipment such as computers, CNC machines, and variable speed drives and to minimize the detrimental effects of current transients on utility equipment such as circuit breaker contacts, power transformer cores and coils, etc. Other key features of this device include circuit making in SF6 rather than in air, single mechanism spring operator for reliable long-life operation, and single gap per phase puffer interrupters having long contact life and multi-time fault closing capability. In addition, the device reduces the inrush current thus eliminating the need for inrush current reactors that are used with breakers and other devices
CapSwitcher Family Overview
|Maximum Voltage||15.5 kV - 27 kV||15.5 kV - 38 kV||38 kV - 72.5 kV||123 kV - 170 kV|
|Capacitive Current Switching||400 A||600 A||600 A||630 A|
|Fault Interrupting Capability||NA||NA||25 kA||To 40 kA|
|Rack or Pole Mount||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Support Columns Included||No||No||Yes||Yes|
- Closing resistors provide the most reliable and consistently repeatable voltage and current transient suppression available in the market.
- Designed and tested for restrike-free performance
- Makes and breaks circuit in SF6 gas rather than in air
- Simple. cost effective, mechanical design provides repeatability
- Eliminates the need for inrush reactors
- Long Life (10,000 operations)
- Availability of multiple resistor sizes allows performance optimization
- Each unit is completely assembled and tested at the factory with only the disassembly required to accommodate shipment restrictions being performed.
- Gas system with density switch switch on each interrupter with low gas alarm and lockout contacts. Integrated gauge and density switch is available as an option.
- Available with integrated capacitor control (VAR, Voltage, Current, TOD, Temp, SCADA).
- Gas system with density switch on each interrupter with low gas alarm and lockout contacts. Integrated gauge and density switch is available as an option.
- Directly retrofits into installations which previously used vacuum capacitor switches or oil capacitor switches.
- Gas system with pressure gauge, density switch, low pressure alarm and lockout contacts.
- Simple, easy erection minimizes field installation time required.