Job Type: Full-time
Shift: 2nd Shift (3:30PM – 12:00AM)
- Receives, stores, sorts, organizes, manages inventory levels and distributes fabricated structural steel components and other materials throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Counts and records completed fabrications to be sent to offsite galvanizing subcontractors. Reconciles quantities with production work orders.
- Loads outbound trucks with fabricated steel and other materials using fork lift.
- Logs outbound material work order data into computer database.
- Unloads inventory from inbound galvanizing trucks using fork lift.
- Sorts and identifies newly received components.
- Moves inventory to proper storage location. Updates computer records with storage location info.
- Logs inbound material receiving data into computer database. Processes completed work orders.
- Picks stored steel from storage locations to fill work order requirements.
- Completes inventory reports by entering and retrieving required information from database.
- Delivers inventory items to various areas of the manufacturing facility using fork lift, pallet jack or other means.
- Verifies accuracy of inventory balances. Reports discrepancies to supervisor or lead person.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean, safe and orderly manner.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase
productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions;
Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Team Work: Demonstrates the ability to be a productive member of a team based work group. Uses
communication skills and ingenuity to effectively process work, share ideas and solve problems. Shares
knowledge and experience of process and machinery with other team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education & Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3 to 6 months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write
simple correspondence. Ability to communicate job related issues with supervisor, team leaders and other employees.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to use simple mathematical and geometric devices, such as, calculators, calipers, scales, measuring tapes, etc.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move 20 to 40 pounds and occasionally handle material over 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
****Mandatory WorkKeys Ready***
- WorkKeys ACT Score (Applied Math – 3, Graphic Literacy – 4, Workplace Observation – 2).
- If you are interested in taking the WorkKeys ACT to become a qualified candidate, please contact Southern Crescent or Atlanta Tech to schedule your testing as self-paid. Upon receiving a passing score, your testing fees will be refunded when hired.