Job Type: Full-time
Sustaining Engineer I will be an integral member of a product assurance and compliance group that is responsible to meet industry standards as well as customer’s application, reliability, and quality expectations. Sustaining Engineer-I will be working with other members to develop strategies of rationalizing and reducing cost to remain competitive in the market while meeting the customer’ needs. This individual must be able to work as a team to assist in initiatives and technical engineering services for the Switch Division product. This role requires hands-on capabilities and communication skills and to be able to successfully navigate manufacturing, marketing as well as production and procurement challenges. Sustaining Engineer I must be innovative thinker that can execute ideas and comments.
- An integral part of product assurance team to meet reliability, and quality expectations.
- A productive member of a team in developing strategies to remain competitive in the market while meeting the customer’ needs.
- Design, test and implement practical engineering components used for customer applications.
- Assist customers with application specific design questions and analysis.
- Use effective negotiation skills, work to achieve project outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering required.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Project management skills.
- Proficiency in use of engineering software; AutoCAD/AutoCAD Mechanical & SolidWorks
- Ability to perform effectively in time sensitive situations while maintaining a focus on quality.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Solid oral and written skills, able to effectively communicate.
- High level of motivation, initiative, and energy.
- Action and results-oriented
- Available for travel <20%