Job Type: Full-time
- Responsible for developing, implementing, optimizing, supporting and maintaining applications within Southern States LLC
- Responsibilities include optimization of applications through development of new functionality, testing and implementing scheduled vendor releases and system upgrades, and fixing system defects.
- Provide technical and functional application analysis, define system requirements and develop logical data models using best practices for build and configuration, maintenance and data integrity.
- Conduct business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business needs and initiatives.
- Translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Actively pursue issue resolution, and communicate project status/issues to business stakeholders and operational management.
- Update source code and ensure it is added to source control system.
- Provide architectural alternative analysis (including build vs. buy) on requests for new systems or major enhancements to existing systems.
- Participates on new development/implementation/installation teams.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and development to assigned applications and implement new products.
- Troubleshoot, research, and solve technically challenging problems involving integrated systems.
- Tests and verifies software releases, upgrades and any changes prior to the promotion of code to the production environment.
- Generate and update appropriate documentation as per policy and procedure. Including requirements, specifications, change control, end user documentation.
- Provide education and training for application end user community – keeping them informed of new release feature/functionality, changes/revisions that impact the operation.
- Create and route required operational and management reporting needs as required by management and regulatory agencies.
- Maintain current knowledge of technology by attending appropriate continuing education training/seminars and reading related periodicals.
- Familiar with process improvement and project management methodologies.
- Good soft skills to work with functional teams and innate ability to write technical requirements based on business needs
- Applications/Database Management: responsible for creating and adherence to coding standards and for the successful and effective solution design, test design, and solution implementation.
- Ensure tracking of all application incidents in the incident management tool with SLA/Knowledgebase.
- Develop a data dictionary.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in IT or equivalent with project management, consulting, and business process reengineering, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- 2-3 years of ERP experience is preferred.
- 2-3 years of working with databases (preferably SQL Server).
- Revenue Cycle Application or Manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects on-time with limited resources.
- Must have expert knowledge of the systems development life cycle.
- Must be able to develop, implement and present applications development strategies.
- Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively with all levels of management and to influence business partners.
- Must be a problem solver, and adept at assimilating new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues and concepts clearly and be an advisor to clients.
- Detail oriented yet also able to think ‘big picture’ and understand the key trends and levers that impact a business.
- Ability to handle a high degree of ambiguity and a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively at the same time and to work effectively under deadline constraints.
- Strong sense of accountability and business partnership.