Job Type: Full-time
The Regional Sales Manager is a key liaison between a network of customers and manufacturers’ representatives (agents) and Southern States. The primary responsibility is market development for leading edge products and solutions generating a minimum of 20 million in annual revenue based on a defined territory. This is accomplished by providing strong commercial and technical support in developing and selling solutions and by managing goals/targets/plans for the agents within the territory.
- Develops collaborative business/personal relationships with agents and customers and becomes a high valued, long-term partner.
- Delivers value propositions and provides technical training and counsel to agents and customers. Becomes a valued technical resource to customers.
- Influences customer specifications.
- Makes it easy to do business with Southern States and maximizes customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Develops and executes account and territory plans.
- Managers and influences manufacturers’ representative activities.
- Sets sales goals for agents and monitors performance against those goals.
- With help from the factory, negotiates all matters relevant to sales, including prices, delivery, terms & conditions, change orders, factory support services, etc.
- Closes the deal with customers and makes bookings targets.
- Participates in new product development by obtaining outcome-based voice of the customer and competitive intelligence.
- Responsible for business development in assigned region.
- Assists inside pricing and quotations group.
- Assists with collections as required.
- Assists with after sales and warranty services.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university and sales experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience: Seven years of experience in sales for or technical support of electrical equipment.
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 75% domestically on short notice. Travel requirements will vary by region of responsibility.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to transmit information to various customer groups at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to achieve high proficiency in Southern States and competitor product and application knowledge.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university with emphasis in power systems.
- Experience: Seven years of experience in sales for or technical support of electrical equipment in the electric power industry.
- Strong computer skills with competency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com.