Job Type: Full-time
- Test and inspect products at various stages of the production process. Compile and evaluate data to
determine and maintain quality and reliability of products. Maintain good oral and written
communications with all departments.
- Interprets engineering drawings, specifications, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or the engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Uses various precision measuring tools to inspect both purchased and processed goods.
- Inspects product to determine compliance with order specifications and the company’s quality assurance system. Verify shipping and packing compliance to specified standards.
- Recommend modifications to existing quality and/or production standards to achieve optimum quality.
- Inspects purchased products or components and provide input and data to responsible departments.
- Select products for tests at specified stages in the production process. Verify product compliance, such as, dimensions, performance and mechanical or electrical characteristics.
- Document data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Develop new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance audits.
- Mark approval or rejection of product and writes report of the audit details.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning / Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibts objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirt; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everone’s efforts to succeed.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma and Three to five years in machining or the measurement of machined products, an equivalent amount of experience with metal fabrication or the inspection and measurement of metal fabricated products, or three to five years on electrical wiring or the testing of electrical components.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES; REGISTRATIONS: No certifications required.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.