Job Type: Full-time
The Product Design Engineer will work within the Design Engineering group to create new products for the Power Switching Division as well as provide support for existing products. This will include interpreting standards, performing development tests on new and existing high voltage interrupters, mechanisms, control systems, and other projects based on customer needs.
- Develop new high voltage interrupters, mechanisms, and controls based off project specifications
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for Southern States products using Solidworks
- Assist Manufacturing, Production, and Sales on projects in the areas of problem resolution, quality assurance, fit and finish, testing, and coordination
- Develop, conduct, and document quality and type tests
- Write assembly instructions, instructions books, and other quality documents
- Must be willing to occasionally travel, domestically and internationally, (5-10% of time) to customer sites and test labs.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or related field.
- Experience: Entry level to 4 years of related work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD/SolidWorks.
- Strong hands-on mechanical aptitude.
- Education: Master’s degree in Mechanical or related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in FEA computer analysis.