Job Type: Full-time
The Operations Manager directs, and coordinates activities concerned with the production of Power Switching Division products including all SF6 and protection devices.
- Collaborates with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products
- Manages 2 subordinate supervisors who supervise the employees in the Sub-assembly, Assembly and testing of PSD products. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost
- Coordinates production activities with materials management, maintenance, and quality control to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating
- Consults with Design and Application Engineering personnel relative to product specifications in order to improve production and quality of
- Conducts hearings to resolve or effect settlement of grievances and refers unresolved grievances for management union
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production
- Supports Service Division with production, documentation and engineering support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field from an accredited institution.
- 10+ years of experience managing the operations of a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, electrical schematics, and assembly drawings.
- 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing management role, preferably in a job shop environment.
- Experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or Business Administration.
- Experience in electrical assembly manufacturing.
- Knowledge of electrical principles.
- Limited working proficiency in Spanish and experience in international business.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing procedures/practices including Industrial Engineering principles, production planning, and Lean/Six Sigma.
- Experience in ISO certified manufacturing assembly environment.
- Experience with budgeting, capital equipment analysis, cost accounting, and project cost analysis.
- Good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to management and customers.
- Proven Leadership skills – capable of leading change initiatives and drive a high-performance culture.