Job Type: Full-time
Provides manufacturing innovation as well as process and design expertise to continuously improve yield, throughput, quality, and safety of manufacturing processes. Designs new machinery, tools, fixturing, and manufacturing processes. Assists department leadership with essential tasks and duties.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Plans, designs, and implements cellular and lean manufacturing technology to reduce production lead times and work-in-process inventories.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Assists in developing, modifying, and troubleshooting part programs for CNC machine tools.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Proactively identifies process bottlenecks and continuous improvement projects by interfacing with the production staff.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of equipment capabilities, utilization, maintenance requirements and other related topics. Prepares detailed proposals outlining equipment requirements, cost justifications, payback periods, facility requirements, and other ROI data related to new equipment purchases.
- Assists department manager in the training, direction, support, and management of co-ops, interns, and other staff as needed.
- Assists department manager with daily support and project direction for Manufacturing Engineering staff to guide product/process improvement efforts to meet project goals
- A four-year college degree in an engineering discipline and 2+ years’ experience in manufacturing and/or manufacturing engineering-related fields in an environment similar.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Familiar with SolidWorks 3D modeling and drafting, with a basic knowledge of manufacturing processes such as welding and machining.