Job Type: Full-time
Shift: 2nd Shift (3:30PM – 12:00AM)
- Performs maintenance service and repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, electrical, or vehicle servicing. Orders parts and supplies, process work orders and maintains storage and stock areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Replaces damaged ceiling tile, floor tile, and wall coverings.
- Repairs parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete.
- Operates powered vehicles to transfer materials.
- Digs trenches for machinery foundations.
- Assembly of facility equipment such as workbenches, tables, storage racks, material cart, etc.
- Assist other maintenance personnel with cleaning, assembly or disassembly of machinery.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Replaces or repairs machine belts.
- Perform rough carpentry work.
- Painting of equipment, machinery or structures.
- Drill or cut holes through walls, floors or ceilings for installation of water, air, steam or electrical lines.
- Perform minor electrical repair such as installation on electrical outlets or light fixtures.
- Bends, cuts, and threads pipe, cuts openings in walls, ceilings, and floors for pipes, and seals pipe joints with sealing compound.
- Assist other maintenance personnel as needed.
- Places orders for maintenance equipment/materials, repair parts and services.
- Communicates with outside suppliers and contractors. Maintains schedule of deliveries and services.
- Processes maintenance work orders and communicates maintenance requirements with co-workers a managers.
- Utilizes PC and software applications to enter, edit and distribute data from spreadsheets, databases, email correspondence or other electronic files.
- Maintains equipment and working area in a clean and orderly condition.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Team Work – Demonstrates the ability to be a productive member of a team based work group. Uses communication skills and ingenuity to effectively process work, share ideas and solve problems. Shares knowledge and experience of process and machinery with other team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education & Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must pass company forklift safety training program and maintain a company issued forklift license. Must maintain a state issued driver’s license.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate job related issues with supervisor, team leaders and other employees.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to use simple mathematical devices, such as, calculators, scales, measuring tapes, etc.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move 20 to 40 pounds and occasionally handle material over 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Prior to job award, employee must complete an OSHA Respiratory Use Pulmonary Health Evaluation Questionnaire, and if warranted a Pulmonary Fitness Test. All employees are subject to future Pulmonary Fitness Testing as job duties or personal health conditions change.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.