Job Type: Full-time
Shift: Second Shift
- Plans and performs a variety of fabrication operations utilizing ironworker, torch machine, hand torch, band saw, hydraulic press and contact cell machinery to shear, punch, saw, cut, bend, braze, stencil and clean work pieces to fabrication drawing specifications by performing the following duties.
- Reads and interprets specifications such as blueprints, sketches, planning sheets and/or related technical data to determine materials, tooling , setup procedures, fabrication methods and sequences required to fabricate parts.
- Verifies tooling and material meet acceptable quality standards.
- Sets up and operates ironworker shear station. Verifies work piece by referencing blueprint.
- Set up ironworker punch station with specified tooling. Uses ironworker punch to punch marked holes into a variety of metal work piece. Verifies work piece meet print specifications.
- Sets up torch machine using templates and patterns. Operates torch machine to remove metal to make specified shapes, holes and angles. Operates hand held torch to remove metal as needed.
- Sets up band saw by measuring and adjusting stops. Operates band saw to various material to specified lengths. Verifies work piece meet print specifications.
- Sets up hydraulic press and stencil for metal stenciling processes. Operates hydraulic press to stencil part number into metal parts.
- Performs various contact cell fabrication and assembly operations utilizing punch press, vibration machine, and contact bender. Verifies quality of brazed silver and correct contact dimensions.
- Operates lifting devices and fork lift to move parts and material.
- Checks condition of tooling daily. Exchanges tooling with tool room as needed.
- Performs simple routine preventive maintenance on machinery and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, tooling, piece parts and working area in a clean and orderly condition.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Team Work – Demonstrates the ability to be a productive member of a team based work group. Uses communication skills and ingenuity to effectively process work, share ideas and solve problems. Shares knowledge and experience of process and machinery with other team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education & Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate job related issues with supervisor, team leaders and other employees.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to use simple mathematical devices, such as, calculators, scales, measuring tapes, etc.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move 20 to 40 pounds and occasionally handle material over 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
****Mandatory WorkKeys Ready***
- WorkKeys ACT Score (Applied Math – 3, Graphic Literacy – 4, Workplace Observation – 3).
- If you are interested in taking the WorkKeys ACT to become a qualified candidate, please contact Southern Crescent or Atlanta Tech to schedule your testing as self-paid. Upon receiving a passing score, your testing fees will be refunded when hired.
Fabrication Operator 4