Job Type: Full-time
Shift: 1st (7AM – 3:30PM)
- Plans and performs a variety of fabrication operations utilizing contact bender, vibrating equipment, punch press, foot shear, solder and drill press to drill, bend, shear, punch, solder and clean work pieces to fabrication drawing specifications by performing the following duties.
- Reads blueprint, work order, shop notes and tooling instructions for specifications such as hole locations and size, length of cut, bend lengths, bend angles and type of cleaning and gauging to perform.
- Communicate with team leader to determine the proper method to complete the assigned job.
- Vibrate contacts by placing contacts in vibrator, clamping and starting machine.
- Do minor set ups on contact bender.
- Bend contacts by placing part in contact bender and moving lever to operate machine.
- Verify proper contact bend by referencing blueprint.
- Operate punch press machines. (No set up required)
- Assemble contacts by pressing rivets into parts and soldering with induction machine.
- Make shunts using tape measure, foot shear, band saw, tin pot and hammer.
- Grind, file and sand aluminum or steel parts to meet print specifications.
- Clean weld spatter from welded assemblies.
- Clean, polish and buff silver brazed parts to print specifications.
- Set contacts to print specifications using gauges and hand tools.
- Sand blast parts using hand held hose with foot pedal or hand lever to control the flow of sand.
- Maintain equipment and working area in a clean and orderly condition.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Team Work – Demonstrates the ability to be a productive member of a team based work group. Uses communication skills and ingenuity to effectively process work, share ideas and solve problems. Shares knowledge and experience of process and machinery with other team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education & Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); up to one month related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate job related issues with supervisor, team leaders and other employees.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to use simple mathematical devices, such as, calculators, scales, measuring tapes, etc.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee regularly is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to walk to observe operations, make adjustments or test and occasionally carry lightweight material. The employee must work at an ordinary pace, frequently handling material between 5 to 20 pounds and occasionally handle material over 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
****Mandatory WorkKeys Ready***
- WorkKeys ACT Score (Applied Math – 3, Graphic Literacy – 4, Workplace Observation – 3).
- If you are interested in taking the WorkKeys ACT to become a qualified candidate, please contact Southern Crescent or Atlanta Tech to schedule your testing as self-paid. Upon receiving a passing score, your testing fees will be refunded when hired.