Job Type: Full-time
- The Electrical Engineer will work with other team members to create new product designs and maintain existing product designs while providing support to sales, manufacturing and field installation. This will include designing and performing development tests on mobile solutions based on customer needs.
- Design and modify electrical drawings, schematics, and systems for high and low voltage applications.
- For high voltage systems, specify equipment, and layout designs with consideration of device interactions, as well as voltage, current, discharge, harmonics, grounding, and other relevant parameters.
- For low voltage systems, design for protection and control, data transmission (SCADA, RTUs, Power Line Carrier, etc.), battery systems, battery chargers, device protection, power distribution, etc.
- The deliverable products will be 3 Line Diagrams, Single Line Diagrams, both AC and DC Elementary Diagrams, Termination Diagrams, SCADA Diagrams, Cable Lists, Bills of Materials, and other supporting electrical drawings, tables, and documents.
- Develop designs using AutoCAD Electrical software, and corresponding drawings for various projects.
- Interact with internal and external groups and take appropriate actions to ensure quality results on tasks.
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on electrical engineering design related to the power industry.
- Ability to use AutoCAD Electrical software and/or SolidWorks Electrical software to create electrical designs or modify existing designs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
- Fundamental understanding of power systems and substation design.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical relays, protection and controls.
- Ability to work in a team environment with other engineers, sales, and manufacturing individuals.