Job Type: Full-time
The Position will act as a primary technical lead for the electrical engineering of Mobiles, helping to create and gain customer approval of the electrical design while also ensuring the successful implementation of such on mobile units. This role will act as the primary medium between any outside electrical engineering resources, internal mechanical engineering, production and project management. This role would serve as both the in- house conduit and lead to capture, document, communicate, advise and receive all related electrical information that flows and changes throughout the scope of a project. This role will guide the electrical design towards becoming fully realized, being directly involved during engineering, fabrication, Production and testing to ensure this.
This position would also provide practical, everyday knowledge and expertise in both understanding and communicating the questions and issues that always arise during the life of a project, as it pertains to the electrical wiring plan. This role would ensure a keen and experienced eye is always focused on the soundness of the electrical wiring, the device layout, the implementation and the quality of testing and as-built readiness.
This position will consistently be involved at every step, allowing for a more comprehensive and dedicated eye to cover all aspects of the electrical design.
- Works alongside in-house engineering, before Approval Drawing submittal, to consult on the best locations of HV equipment, as well as assessing the accessibility of such equipment after installation and the ease of maintenance
- Ensures Mobile Production has the latest and most up to date revision of the electrical drawings as new revisions come about, verifying that obsolete designs are not followed.
- Runs as the primary lead in receiving proposed changes to the electrical drawings from the customer, leading as the primary evaluator of the requests and feedback.
- Assists the Chief Engineer and Project Manager in communicating proposed drawing changes to the external primary electrical engineer, while also assisting in evaluating the feedback and requests from said engineer.
- Guides the Production teams in designing the most efficient and effective layout of routed conduit on the mobile, limiting unnecessary modifications and material.
- Works with the Production and Engineering teams in designing the most efficient and effective layout of Junction Boxes on the mobile, determining where and how best to consolidate wiring, while being conscious of future access and maintenance.
- If deviations to the electrical drawings are proposed by the external electrical engineer, this position will assist in assessing, in conjunction with in-house engineering and production teams, whether these deviations are warranted and produce a better result.
- Captures all proposed and agreed to changes, revising the electrical drawings as needed.
- Captures and documents any changes or deviations from the electrical drawings before, during or after Production, as it pertains to the wiring and layout.
- Updates all electrical drawings via Autocad, creating PDF copies for approval.
- Troubleshoots and resolves electrical wiring/design problems during Production.
- Assists in evaluating the specifications of unexpected electronic devices that warrant unexpected procurement during Mobile production, as can happen with new projects.
- Works alongside third-party test groups, advising on the nature of the electrical layout and wiring design and answering questions raised by this test group.
- Verifies results of the third-party testing group, as it pertains to the point-to-point wiring and the electrical and electronic device layouts.
- Becomes well versed in the electrical wiring specifications and demands of each job, ensuring engineering, production and the external electrical engineer are aware of the customers’ expectations and requests.
- Assists in verifying and corroborating the electrical functionality descriptions and instructions required for entry in the Post-Production Customer User Manuals.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical
- Experience: Minimum of 5 Years Design in the electric power
- Fundamental understanding of power systems and substation design
- Ability to create and edit Autocad Electrical Drawings
- Knowledge and experience with electrical relays, protection and controls