Job Type: Full-time
The Designer II designs and prepares drawings and bills of material related to functionality and assembly of components of High Voltage Switch Products.
- Prepare detail drawings / layouts and sketches of parts and equipment used by Switch Product Division for engineering and fabrication purposes.
- Prepare Bills of Material for assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Review and process orders for production.
- Make electrical, mechanical and structural calculations associated with drawing preparation.
- Initiates changes as assigned by Senior Designer or Application Engineer in existing drawings after investigating technical effects of such changes.
- Calculate operating forces and select proper components based on anticipated loads.
- Other duties can include help with:
- Erecting of switch products for testing purposes.
- Process orders, drawings usually associated with Engineering Services.
- Education: Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience: At least 2 years of direct experience designing operating mechanisms.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Experience: Four or more years of direct experience designing operating mechanisms.