Job Type: Full-time
The Design Engineer will work with the Engineering team to create new product designs and maintain existing product designs while providing support to manufacturing and sales. This will include designing and performing development tests on mobile solutions, ballistic solutions and any needed project that Service Division will enter into.
- Develop detailed design models, analysis, and drawings and specifications for Southern States products using Solidworks.
- Coordinate with and consult Southern States Design Engineers and Service team to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Assist Manufacturing and Engineering on projects in the areas of problem resolution, quality assurance, fit and finish, testing, and coordination.
- Support Marketing/Sales effort as needed with quotes and proposal activity by creating conceptual drawings, preparing bill of materials, and collecting and providing information to support proposals.
- Ensure high quality models and drawings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: At least two to five years experience with drafting and designing
- Proficiency with Solidworks. Ability to perform modeling and to create drawings with Solidworks. Familiar with Autocad.
- Understanding of mechanical drawing procedures and nomenclature