Job Type: Full-time
- Key liaison between a network of customers and manufacturer’s representatives (agents) and Southern States Area Sales Managers.
- Key position on a Customer Care Team responsible for generating between $7-$12 Million in annual revenue based on a defined territory with market potential of at least $19 million.
- Must be a product expert for all Southern States divisional products.
- Main responsibility is to provide fast customer support that maximizes customer satisfaction, technical support, sales and margin within a territory and manages goals, targets and plans for agents within the territory set by the NSM and ASM’s.
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to projecting business opportunities and recommending actions to the NSM and ASM’s to maximize customer satisfaction, the company’s market share, developing goals and objectives for territory performance, and monitoring results against performance standards, and recommending appropriate actions when results fail to meet expectations.
- Supports strategic plans, develops business / personal relationships with agents and customers.
- Ensure goals for agent territories are met and monitor performance against those goals.
- Continually evaluates agent performance and customer satisfaction, offering VIP’s where appropriate.
- Provide collaborative support to NSM and ASM’s completing bids including costing, documentation, technical data and recommends pricing strategies and specific pricing for individual bids.
- Obtains competitive pricing and other information regarding Southern States’ competitors.
- Ensures that quoted products meet exacting customer specifications for each proposal.
- Assists the NSM and ASM’s in negotiations on all matters relevant to sales, including prices, terms and conditions, back charges, adders, factory support services, and customer satisfaction etc.
- Provides technical advice and counsel on all SSL products to agents and customers as needed.
- Provides product training as requested.
- Process customer orders – Cradle to grave ownership
- Process customer RFI’s & RFQ’s – Professionally and expeditiously
- Assists in expediting orders as required.
- Assists with collections as required.
- Provides warranty and after sales support.
- Investigates, enters, and executes Customer Service Requests (CSR) to ensure timely handling, complete documentation and resource coordination to create solutions.
- ISO 9000 Compliance
- Work with NSM to develop promotional materials and attend trade shows that support business growth in your territory.
- Travel independently to give product presentations, review proposals, and secure orders as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: At least four years of experience in sales or technical support for sales of equipment in the power industry.
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 25% domestically on short notice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM software (i.e. SFDC)
- Experience supervising a team.
- Customer quality assurance experience
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to present technical information over the phone or in person.
- Experience selling or designing/developing/testing high voltage switching equipment
- Proficiency with AutoCad/Solidworks
- Significant Utility Industry Experience – Customer Contact Relationships
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering