Job Type: Full-time (2nd Shift: 3:30PM – 12:00AM)
- Fabricates wooden crates or boxes using hand & power tools, and packs such items as machinery or other large or odd shaped products by performing the following duties.
- Reads blueprints, shipping notices, and other specifications, and inspects product to determine size and shape of container, materials to be used, and types of supports and braces to be used.
- Lays out dimensions on materials with ruler, measuring tape, and pencil.
- Saws materials to size.
- Assembles materials.
- Places product in container.
- Bolts heavy pieces to bottom of container or skid.
- Wraps and pads product with excelsior, paper or other packing material.
- Builds crate around large or odd shaped articles.
- Nails cover on crate.
- Wraps and tightens metal bands around crate.
- Attaches identification labels or stencils containing such information as shipping destination, weight, and type of product contained on crate.
- Repairs broken crates.
- Counts items to be packed to ensure compliance with shipping orders.
- Weighs loaded crate.
- Transports products, containers, crates, lumber or other shipping materials using fork truck or pallet jack.
- Maintains equipment and working area in a clean and orderly condition.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Team Work – Demonstrates the ability to be a productive member of a team based work group. Uses communication skills and ingenuity to effectively process work, share ideas and solve problems. Shares knowledge and experience of process and machinery with other team members.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three to six months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate job related issues with supervisor, team leaders and other employees.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to use simple mathematical devices, such as, calculators, scales, measuring tapes, etc.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move 20 to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.