Job Type: Full-time
Associate Engineers are the primarily responsible for actively driving and managing the development of electrical control drawing packages for motor operated high voltage switch products. Working in conjunction with the sales, manufacturing and quality teams as the key technical advisor and product advocate, the Associate Electrical Engineer must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the engineering process. The Associate Electrical Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the engineering cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and prepare detail electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and component drawings.
- Effective technical and practical drafting skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Southern States and its customers.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- A good working knowledge of the fundamental requirements of electrical controls, mechanical principles, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Engineering experience in the same or similar industry, and developing leadership skills.
- Ability to create BOM’s and work with Solidworks/Solidworks Electrical or AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electrical to create detailed system drawing packages.
- Project Management experience would be beneficial.
- Listen, understand, and convey customer requirements.
- Lead and advise in the design and development of new engineering standards, templates and control schemes.
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company approved databases.
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships within company departments.
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Identify customer’s needs and engineering opportunities to help future growth.
- Travel to project sites to preform start-up, integration, sales support, and training services as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates in Electrical design with 2-4 years of related experience.
- Competent use of electrical specific software and relevant software such as
- MS Office Suite, Solidworks/Solidworks Electrical or AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electrical (AutoCAD 2018 preferred).
- Working knowledge of basic electrical tools including multi-meters.
- Job site or factory experience is a plus.
- Any mechanical experience is a plus.
- Experience with control cabinet design is a plus.
- Ability to perform effectively in time sensitive situations while maintaining focus and calmness.
- Leadership skills including the ability to work as a team member, to maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.