Job Type: Full-time
Supervisor: Supervisor, Assembly
Shift: 2nd Shift (3:30PM-12:00AM)
- Performs repetitive bench or line assembly operations to mass-produce high voltage electrical switches or switch subassemblies by performing the following duties.
- Read and understand all assembly blueprints, assembly manuals, special assembly instructions and safety rules.
- Positions and secures components on assembly fixture if required.
- Inspects and measures parts to ensure specified tolerance and quality.
- Places parts in specified relationship to each other following assembly blueprints.
- Fasten parts together with bolts, clips, screws, cements, or other fasteners, using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Tends machines such as drill presses, punch presses or riveting machines, to perform drilling, force fitting or fastening at assembly stations.
- Marks identifying information on parts.
- May remove small quantities of metal with hand files and air files to produce close fit between parts.
- Works at different work stations as production needs change.
- Installs switch components, such as bearings, insulators, jaws, hinges, blades or counterbalances.
- Works on assembly line or work station where tasks vary as different models progress through production processes.
- Reworks, repairs, or replaces faulty components.
- Cleans and lubricates parts and assemblies.
- Maintains working area in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Team Work – Demonstrates the ability to be a productive member of a team based work group. Uses communication skills and ingenuity to effectively process work, share ideas and solve problems. Shares knowledge and experience of process and machinery with other team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); up to one month of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate job related issues with supervisor, team leaders and other employees.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to use simple mathematical and geometric devices, such as, calculators, calipers, scales, measuring tapes, etc.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move 20 to 40 pounds and occasionally handle material over 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.