Job Type: Full-time
The Area Sales Manager is a key liaison between a network of customers and manufacturer’s representatives (agents) and Southern States. The primary responsibility is for maximizing sales within a territory and managing goals, targets and plans for agents within the territory.
- Develops relationships with agents and customers
- Sets goals for agents and monitors performance against those goals
- Continually evaluates agent performance and recommends action whenever appropriate
- Completes bids including costing, documentation, technical data and recommends pricing strategies and specific pricing for individual bids
- Obtains competitive pricing and other information regarding Southern States’ competitors
- Ensures that quoted products meet exacting customer specifications for each proposal
- Negotiates all matters relevant to sales, including prices, terms and conditions, back charges, adders, factory support services, etc.
- Provides technical advice and counsel to agents and customers as needed
- Assists in expediting orders as required
- Assists with collections as required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience: At least four years of experience in sales or technical support for sales of equipment in the power industry
- Travel: Ability to travel 40% to 60% domestically on short notice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills