Job Type: Full-time
Division: Power Switching
Oversees and contributes to the design and development of equipment and systems or redesign to existing equipment to fulfill the needs of customers. Ensures projects (Jobs) are completed (released) on time and within budget. Acts as advisor to applications engineering team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- Manage/contribute to/coach team of 4-6 direct reports and some outside or contract engineers.
- Create 2D drawings, specifications, and bill of materials (and some 3D models).
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and field installation.
- Customer specification reading, understanding and implementation.
- Improve usability of new and existing products.
- Review processes, documents, and drawings through Value Improvement (VIP) Systems.
- Production capacity planning and management of job drawing packet.
- Interface with other division management (i.e. Sales and Operations) for seamless work flow.
- Monitor and assure the quality of drawings (components, dimensions, attributes) and Bill of Materials.
- Implement and maintain application engineering procedures (650) and engineering training (230.50)
- Continuously train team members of all various SS products and designs.
- Use established metrics and reports to ensure capacity planning is on track. Create new processes as needed to improve department/company goals.
- Education: Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology or equivalent experience.
- Experience: 8+ years of related work experience, 3+ years management experience
- Demonstrate proficiency in AutoCAD/SolidWorks. AutoCAD Electrical & SolidWorks Electrical a plus.
- Experience in electrical equipment controls design/implementation (i.e. medium voltage switchgear, high voltage outdoor switchgear, etc.)
- Must be able to read electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.